After a product's design has been verified according to the Design and Development Process, one of the next critical steps is Testing. At Quantic TRM, all components are 100% tested according to their specific customer requirements. We have full in-house testing capabilities to meet the needs of military, aerospace and commercial applications.
Our test capabilities are fluid, and periodic upgrades occur to accommodate most major new program requirements. Automated equipment and a regular calibration program assure that all test stations provide uniform and accurate assessments of the unit under test.
- High power testing to 8 GHz
- Infrared imaging validation
- Environmental stress testing
- Thermal Shock
- Thermal Cycle
- Gross Leak
- Local Certified Test Providers - vacuum, salt spray, mechanical shock and humidity testing
We invest heavily in new capabilities, both to stay ahead of our competition and to directly control the quality of as many processes as possible. Quantic TRM's core competency is as a high mix, low volume manufacturer with program management and production ramp-up capabilities reaching from single unit prototypes to hundreds or thousands of units as required.
- AS9100/ ISO 9001 - certified to current revision
- ITAR Registered
- TQM Tools, Including 7 & 9 Step
- Problem solving methodology
- Continuous Improvement Teams
- IPC 610 / J-STD-001 Space Addendum Certification
- NIST Calibration Program
- MIL-STD-883 / MIL-STD-202
- Inspection and Testing
- RoHS / SN96 Solder Capabilities & Flexibilities
Standard Catalog Passive RF Components
The environmental specifications for Quantic TRM's catalog components are based on MIL-DTL-23971 with two exceptions. Standard models are not sealed or painted. The finish is in accordance with MIL-DTL-5541, Type 1 Class 3. Therefore, the requirements of MIL-DTL-23971 are modified as appropriate to reflect this seal and finish.
- Temperature Operating -40°C to +85°C
- Temperature Storage -55°C to +125°C
- Vibration, per MIL-STD-202 method 204, test condition A
- Shock, per MIL-STD-202 method 213, test condition G
- Thermal Shock, Per MIL-STD-202, method 107, test condition A
Quantic TRM manufactures, on a regular basis, custom components that are fully compliant to MIL-DTL-23971 (sealed and painted), as requested by a customer. A custom Quantic TRM part number is assigned in this instance.
When a customer specifically requests epoxy sealed components the following environmental conditions are typically applicable:
- Test, per MIL-STD-202, method 112, test condition D
- Moisture Resistance, Per MIL-STD-202, method106
When a customer specifically requests that the components are painted and epoxy sealed the following environmental conditions are typically applicable:
- Salt Atmosphere, per MIL-STD-202, method 101
- Sand and Dust, per MIL-STD-202, method 110, test condition A
- Explosion, per MIL-STD-202, method 109
When a customer specifically requests that the components are marked using engraved or silkscreened methods these conditions are typically applicable.
- Resistance to solvents, Per MIL-STD-202, method 215
Quantic TRM regularly designs custom components to meet the most stringent environments, including space. The environmental conditions in this document pertain to our standard catalog parts and can be modified as required for each project.
Quantic TRM Quality Notes